Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Few Days Later...

And the New Haven Public Works finally plows the street on the side of my house.
Granted, better late than never. However, today is Wednesday. The last of the snow and ice fell on Saturday night, maybe Sunday morning? This slow response might be understandable if New Haven were located in CA or Florida, but this is CT. I am fairly certain it has been snowing in CT on a regular basis for many years now. One would expect a quicker and more proper response. I'm not knowledgeable enough to lecture what the response should look like, but maybe some sand before the snowfall gets really bad, maybe some plowing during and after the storm. If you travel to any of the neighboring towns--Hamden+Branford for example-- immediately after a snow storm, the main roads and even many of the side roads are already well taken care of. Why is New Haven so slow? I don't know, but it frustrates me and many of my friends and colleagues who aren't from New Haven.

Luckily, I will be in CA by tonight. 10 days away from New Haven. So nice...

-Zen Blade

No comments: